The mod is a hybrid of VSH and VIP from Team Fortress Classic that can be played on any standard map. It is not an extension of VSH, it is a completely new mod being coded by a few of us at Pony Fortress 2.
How it works
The mod is fairly simple, each team has whats called a VIP. At the beginning (and for now) it will randomly pick a player from each team to be a VIP pony. The objectives are standard to the maps played on. The VIP is designed to sway the battle in their teams favor. They have buffed health so they can withstand a decent amount of damage on their own. They fight the opposite team and try and give their team an advantage of the field, however this is true for the other team as well since they will have a VIP pony. The battle can go both ways while both are up. If a team manages to take out the enemy VIP they have 2 minutes (pending playtesting) to push as hard as they can with their VIP and finish the map objectives. During this 2 minutes window the team with the only VIP on the field has a significant advantage, so the point is not to die as VIP or your team is going to be far weaker without you. After 2 minutes another random person will be assigned VIP (until queue system is in).
Up to date info of each character will be in game through the main menu.
You can access the main menu typing !pf2 in chat, from which you can:
- Choose the default Hero to play as.
- Opt In/Out of being picked as a Hero.
- Read more about all the available Hero's.
- Mod Credits
- How MLP Heroes Works
Seeing as some people might not want to play as a Hero, we have included an opting system into the mod, which allows you, at any time, to on In or Out of getting picked. This selection will stay the same until you change it later on.
- Players who have never played a round of MLP Heroes will now be opted out when they first enter. They can still opt in after they've played a round, but this is to prevent the newbies from playing heroes in the first place who don't understand how the mod works yet.
As of right now, Hero's are randomly picked from both teams at the start, and during each round. Until queue system is in
Once picked as a Hero, you will automatically be excluded from the next pick, in-order to prevent someone being picked as a Hero twice, or more, in a row.
Dubbed as "Spawn Waves", there is a 2 minute window between when one Hero gets killed and when another one gets picked, This "absence" of a Hero allows the enemy team to have a significant advantage untill another Hero spawns.
Specials require a charge of at least 100% before you can use them. Once you have enough of a charge built up, press your Taunt key (G by Default) to activate the Special ability. Using a special ability uses up your hero's special charge.
-Still needs some balancing between Heroes.
- Luna/Celestia Models: Kassgrein http://kassgrein.deviantart.com/ (originally designed as sniper skins)
- Mane 6 + Trixie + Vinyl from OzzyFurocity.net
- Yapok for additional code help
- Server Admins for helping debug/test.